Saturday, September 5, 2020

 

An Aquarium View of Tropical Fish

The latest release of mermaid/underwater Lavinia stamps has taken my imagination seaward for a while now.  I'm happy to bring to life an aquarium view of these sea creatures.  These wonderful stamps are giving my colored pencils a new lease on life.  Coloring has become fun again!


Lavinia stamps used:

Fish set

Sea Urchins

Seaweed 2


I used 'pond pebble' cut and emboss folder from Paper Discovery for the frame.  The central image and the pebble frame were from the same sheet of background paper I created from distress oxide and color crystals.  I used more distress oxide (mohageny red, walnut stain, and black soot) on the border, then sprayed it with pearl mica powder solution, then darkened the outer border with Rainforest Versafine claire ink.  I quite like the overall effect of the pebble frame.


This is the DT project for the bi-weekly Lavinia World challenge #35 starting on September 10.  Won't you join us at our blog!


Thanks for stopping by. 


5 comments:

  1. Totally love this scene, Shwu-Miin! I keep waiting for the fish to keep swimming by.. like one of those Fisher Price toys with the tv screen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shwu-Miin, I wish I had this aquarium in my house! So beautiful to look at! You always make the most awesome projects! I love the pond pebble embossing folder, I have that one too but I haven't used it yet! I think you just inspired me to get it out and use it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you always just amaze me with all of your creations you are so talented...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your projects always blow me away and this one is no exception. I love everything about it. It's so vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a perfect combination between the cutting die and the stamps you use. Always a delight to see your projects!

    ReplyDelete