Wednesday, July 15, 2020

The Tree Goddess Overlooking the Beauty of Her Kingdom


The Tree Goddess Overlooking the Beauty of Her Kingdom


This is a project for Lavinia World challenge #31.  It is done with the intention of sharing how easily and quickly a beautiful scene can be created using SceneScapes papers from Lavinia Stamps.  

This project took me no more than 15 minutes to finish.  Here is a list of items used:

    SceneScapes paper titled "Magic"

    Lavinia Stamps:  Luna the Tree Goddess, 

                                Dragon Pods,

                                Creeping Vine

    Versa fine claire ink pads used: Nocturne

                                                       Monarch

                                                       Blue Belle

The most time consuming part of this project was drawing and coloring the extended tree branch Luna is sitting on because I wanted her to be more in the center of the picture. 

Even though this is a simple card to make, but out of all my 70+ Lavinia projects I've done so far, this one is my mom's favorite because of the colors.  I also love how you can darken the border and accentuate the moon with more ink on this wonderful SceneScapes paper.

I used gel pens and colored pencils to color the dragon pods and the fairy wings.  Glitters were added later to further embellish them.  Here is another look of the scene with more sparkles:


Can you tell I am now in love with glitters?  This is coming from someone who has never used glitters until only a few weeks ago!  

Anyways, thank you for stopping by.  Have fun crafting........

7 comments:

  1. All of your projects are gorgeous and this one is no exception. Love the touches of glitter and how you've added color to her wings and the pods. I need to find my gel pens :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful as always! Your creativity is so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I wouldn't have know that you extended the branch if you hadn't mentioned it. Beautifully done! Love the scene you created and all the added details make it just little bit extra special. As always, I love your card. Lenaxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh my, another great project by Shwu-Min! it is such a beautiful scene and I agree with your Mom, colors are fantastic, me myself being a purple addicted :) huggies

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely beautiful Shwu-Min! I love the way you colored her beautiful wings! The scene you created is so tranquil!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! Thanks for showing the use of the papers -- I'll need to investigate this some more!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I am going to try my own version today as I have all of the “ingredients “ ☺️ All of your creations are majestic! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete